The Kensington and Area
Chamber Of Commerce
Serving the Communities of:
Baltic, Bayview, Burlington, Cambellton, Clinton, Darnley, Founds Mills, French River, Grahams Road, Hamilton, Indian River, Irishtown, Long River, Malpeque, Margate, Norboro, North Granville, New London, Park Corner, Pleasant Valley, Sea View, Springbrook, Springfield, Spring Valley, Stanley Bridge, South Granville, Summerfield, and the Town of Kensington.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CHAMBER HAPPENINGS!
Stay tuned for complete details!
* March 27 - Partnership For Growth Launch at 11:00 am
* April 2 - Plastic Bag Reduction Act Info Session 8:30 to 9:30/10:00am
* April 16 - WorkPEI Website Info Session 8:30 to 9:30am
* April 18 - Board Meeting 8:30 to 9:30am
* April 25 - President's Dinner @ Emerald Community Center
* June 7 - Red Cross First Aid Certification Course
* Sept 19 - Annual Golf Tournament @ Anderson's Creek
* Nov 28 - Business of Excellence Awards Gala & Christmas Social (tentative date)
* March 7 - Board Meeting
* Feb 27 - Regional Tourism Workshop
* Feb 22 - Annual General Meeting
* Feb 4 - Community Round Table Sessions - STEP
* Jan 10 - Board Meeting
JOIN THE CHAMBER
SIGN UP FOR OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
HEART OF THE ISLAND INITIATIVE
Farming, fishing and tourism make up a large part of the local industries.
The lovely beaches along the shores are a huge drawing point to tourists around the world.
There is an abundance of quality accommodations, golf courses, fresh local seafood, Malpeque oysters, lobster, mussels & fresh organic vegetables. Life is good, so come and stay!
Malpeque Bay is one of 36 sites in Canada, designated as Wetlands of International Importance (Ramsar Sites). It is a coastal lagoon system protected from the open sea (Gulf of St. Lawrence) by a 25-km long coastal sandspit and dune formation.
The Bay is a nesting site for the globally threatened wader, the "Piping Plover". It is also an important staging area for very large numbers of geese and ducks during spring and autumn migration periods. For more information about Birding on P.E.I., click here.
To request a copy of the P.E.I.
Visitors Guide & Highway Map,
Value Vacations & Coupon Book.
© Copyright The Kensington & Area
Chamber of Commerce