Annual Business Awards
The Kensington Chamber of Commerce’s Business Awards takes place each year during the fall. A call for nominations goes out during the summer months, allowing members to nominate those businesses and individuals they believe are deserving. A committee consisting of Board members and Chamber members then chooses the winners for each category. Nominees must be members in good standing with the Kensington and Area Chamber of Commerce. Nominees from the previous year will be considered for the award for a second year.
Celebrating Canada – 2017 Business Awards Gala
Congratulations to all of the 2017 Award Winners!
Back L-R: Buffie Boily (Buffie Boily Photographic Arts), Ron Holley (CBDC), Marc LeClair (Malpeque Bay Credit Union), Jerry Bidgood (PE Aqua Farms), Ken Clark (Key Murray Law), David Boucher (Kensington Food Basket), Darren Cousins (Twin Shores Camping Area), Steve Reaman (Innovation PEI)
Front L-R: Bethany MacDonald (Spring Valley Building Center), Coreen Pickering (Broadway 45), Jessica Caseley (on behalf of Chez Shea), Patti Taylor (Murphy’s Pharmacy)
Business Award Nominees
Includes businesses 3 years or less from the date of incorporation; achieved outstanding business performance in a short period of time; demonstrates the exceptional promise of continued growth; and serves as an inspiration for other new businesses.
Best New Business Nominees 2017
- Broadway 45
- Plush Esthetics
- Montgomery Inn at Ingleside
Awarded to: Broadway 45
Demonstrates continual business excellence through positive business growth; exemplifies superior customer service; embraces an outstanding commitment to quality; demonstrates exceptional commitment to its employees; demonstrates vision in the development of new technologies, products and/or services. For businesses with less than 10 employees.
Small Business of Excellence Nominees 2017
- Basin View Seafood
- Family and Friends Restaurant
- Kensington Food Basket
- Kensington Hair Station
Awarded to: Kensington Food Basket
Demonstrates continual business excellence through positive business growth; exemplifies superior customer service; embraces an outstanding commitment to quality; demonstrates exceptional commitment to its employees; demonstrates vision in the development of new technologies, products and/or services. For businesses with over than 10 employees.
Business of Excellence Nominees 2017
- Kensington Vet Clinic
- Spring Valley Building Center
- Twin Shores Camping Area
Awarded to: Twin Shores Camping Area
Best Website Award
Relevant, engaging and appropriate content for the intended audience; well-organized structure and easy to understand navigation; pleasing visual design; functional technology: web forms, site speed, not dependent on the type of browser; provides an exceptional overall experience.
Best Website Nominees 2017
- Chez Shea
- Gallery 18
Awarded to: Chez Shea
Demonstrates a dedication and commitment to their work; provides outstanding customer service; initiates improvements in the workplace; maintains a positive work-life balance; please also include any professional or community awards and acknowledgements, including examples of other community involvement.
Employee of the Year Nominees 2017
- Edward Lambert – Island Stone Pub
- Kim Caseley – Town of Kensington
- Patti Taylor – Murphy’s Pharmacy
Awarded to: Patti Taylor
Demonstrates a commitment to making a difference in Kensington and surrounding communities; actively contributes to the economic, social and cultural well-being of Kensington and surrounding communities; sees social responsibility as an integral part of the business’ success.
Community Impact Nominees 2017
- Buffie Boily Photographic Arts
- O’Neil Home Gallery
- Spring Valley Building Center
Awarded to: Buffie Boily Photographic Arts & Spring Valley Building Centre
Special thanks to:
- the nominees, who each took the time to help the Chamber office complete their nomination packages once they were nominated. The pride each of you take in your businesses is evident.
- the people who nominated their favourite businesses. Your small act of nomination might have much larger repercussions; that business you nominated might receive an award tonight to hang on their wall for years. Thanks to our three judges, who have the toughest job of the entire process.
- Malpeque Fine Iron Products for creating this year’s awards
- our media sponsor, Spud FM
- Caseley’s Tent and Party Rentals for linens and the projector
- the Town of Kensington, who supports the Kensington Chamber throughout the year on many initiatives, projects and events, with both financial and in-kind support, and simply just attending our events. We are lucky to have such a supportive municipality to work in, and we are looking forward to partnering on new initiatives with you in the coming year.
- our local restaurants and suppliers, who generously provided food for tonight’s event. We have the , Broadway 45, Island Stone Pub, Carr’s Oyster Bar and New London Community Complex serving meals for our Awards Dinner.