The Kensington and Area Chamber of Commerce’s business socials provide an opportunity to kick-back and relax while also growing your network and recommending your products and services. The Chamber hosts a minimum of four socials per year, held in each quarter (winter, spring, summer, fall) as well as a Holiday Social in December. If there is interest, more socials can be added.
Word-of-mouth in a small community is important, and often depends on “who you know.” Our socials are open to members and non-members. Bring your business cards!
Mixer Schedule 2018
May 9, 2017 4:40 pm – 6:30 pm
Hosting a Social
Here are a few tips that will help you host an effective, successful business mixer:
- If you have a large enough office, throw a business mixer there to get exposure for your business;
- The venue must be large enough to accommodate up to 50 people, three exhibitor’s tables with access to electrical outlets, and food and beverage stations;
- Plan the mixer no less than eight weeks in advance. Invite many guests and get people to donate door prizes;
- Designate several of your staff to greet the guests as they arrive. Name tags should be available;
- At the end of the mixer, spend no more than about ten minutes doing introductions and giving door prizes;
- The host provides complimentary refreshments for a minimum of 50 people;
- Optional: The host arranges to have a cash bar at the venue. The host is required to obtain a temporary license if the facility is not licensed.
Interested in hosting? Contact Julia at the office!
Exhibit at a Mixer
Each exhibitor will be provided with a table to display your product or marketing collateral. Exhibitors can be members or non-members, though there is a cost of $15 for non-members. We recommend you provide a door prize and a ballot box on your table to collect business cards, then follow up after the event is over. Space is limited. For exhibiting opportunities please contact the office.